We may process your data for compliance with a regulatory requirement or legal obligation to which we are subject to. Your data will only be processed if processing the data to comply with such obligation is a reasonable and appropriate way of achieving compliance.
- From time to time, JD Events may also share your contact information with other organizations, such as trade show exhibitors and vendors, for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive such offers, please refer to the “Mailing List Update” section below.
- We contract with third party companies that we have engaged to provide us with specialized services, including, but not limited to, customer service, telemarketing, registration, booth decoration, freight services, research, statistical analysis, application development, list cleansing, postal mailings, email, and other information services. These companies or individuals may be provided with access to information about you, but only as needed to perform their functions. These companies are required to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information.
Information on cookies
Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit our site and are used to make the user’s experience more efficient. We are able to store cookies on your computer where they are necessary for the operation of the site however, for non-essential cookies we need your permission.
These are the types of cookies we use.
- ‘Session cookies’ allow us to track your actions during a single browsing session, but they do not remain on your device afterwards
- ‘Persistent cookies’ remain on your device between sessions. We use them to authenticate you and to remember your preferences. We can also use them to balance the load on our servers and improve your experience on our Website
Session and persistent cookies can be either first or third party cookies. A first-party cookie is set by the Website being visited; a third-party cookie is set by a different website. Both types of cookie may be used by us or our business partners.
The third party cookies we use are:
- Google Analytics – this is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. The cookies used by Google Analytics help us to analyze how users use our website and to count the number of people who use it. Google Analytics stores your IP address anonymously. Google does not associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
- Google Ads – this is a pixel which tracks how users interact with our paid advertising, from the time of seeing the ad, and then the journey through our Website thereafter
- Meta Ads – this is a pixel which tracks how users interact with our paid advertising, from the time of seeing the ad, and then the journey through our Website thereafter
- Feathr Marketing – this is a pixel which tracks how users interact with our website and retargets ads and then the journey through our website and thereafter.
All our cookies are categorized by the role they fulfil on our Website:
- Strictly Necessary: these are essential to enable you to move around our Website and use features such as secure services. Without these cookies such services could not be provided;
- Functionality: allow the website to remember your choices and to personal certain features. These cookies may be anonymized and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites; and
- Performance: collect information as to how users use the Website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. The information collected is aggregated and used to improve our Website.
- None of the cookies employed are classified as Behavioral Targeting.
We will always ask for your consent to use non-essential cookies. You are free to withhold consent to this, but it means that we might not be able to provide the full Website experience to you.
If at any time you wish to disable our cookies, you may do so through the settings on your browser, or whenever the pop-up appears on our Website (each time you access the Website).
How we store your personal data
We store all your personal data on the cloud.
Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Website. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We regularly review our data retention obligations to ensure we are not retaining data for longer to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal accounting, or reporting requirements.
How we disclose your information
We may disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks
We may contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These include cloud services used to send emails and technology providers that assist in providing the communication to you.
Your Legal rights
When you provide us with personal data, you have certain legal rights, and these include:
- To request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you
- To request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability)
- To be informed of what data processing is taking place
- To restrict processing
- To object to processing of your personal data
- To complain to a supervisory authority
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to access, rectify, erase or transfer your personal data, please contact us at [email protected].
What happens when we link to other websites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our Website. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
The changes we may make to this policy
We can update this policy from time to time as laws change or as the Website changes. If we make material changes to the policy, and we need your consent to those changes, we will contact you by email to do so.